Welfare Rights Help & Advice

Are you struggling to get the welfare benefits and services you’re entitled to?

We can help Deaf and hard of hearing people access welfare benefits and services in their preferred language, whether that’s British Sign Language or English.

We want to ensure that deaf people are getting the right benefits to maximise their income, quality of life and well-being. The service helps all Deaf and hard-of-hearing people throughout Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County.

Our Specialist Worker has a wealth of knowledge about benefits, and personal knowledge of deafness and the variety of needs within the Deaf community.

If you would like help accessing welfare services, understanding your rights or you need advice about benefits, click here to find out more.

The team can help you with matters relating to:     

  • Income Support
  • Employment Support Allowance
  • Child Benefit
  • Council Tax
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Job Seekers Allowance
  • Bedroom Tax
  • Housing Benefit
  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA) (Under 16)
  • Personal Independence Payments (PIP) (Age 16-64)
  • Attendance Allowance (AA)
  • Social Fund
  • Welfare Advice
  • Universal Credit
  • Pension Credit
  • State Retirement Pension
  • Basic Debt Advice
  • Universal Credit

If you’d like any support or advice, please contact Alison Hawes

Access To Work Information

Access to Work (AtW) is a publicly funded employment support programme that aims to help disabled people start or stay in work.
The factsheet which can be accessed by clicking the link below gives individuals an overview of Access to Work

Click here to view in BSL